Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Prompt#5 My Experience of AIChE

In the beginning of my freshman year, I got a email about the event of AIChE (America Institution of Chemical Engineering) in MSU. Because I was a little confused about my major that time, I decided to attend its event.

At first, I thought it was kind of like a social meeting, just some same major people hanging out together, talking about some chemistry things and complaining about all kind of tests and exams. After I went to that event, I found out that it is a really professional organization compare to other club in campus. That day, they brought a chemical-powered vehicle to show us how chemistry knowledge apply to our life. Detailed explained the principle of the vehicle and introduce what chemical engineers will do. This semester, they brought over 20 companies to make a speech in each meeting, to further show us the career prospect of chemical engineering. I think the AIChE cannot categorize to just a student group or a university group, it is a bridge that connect pre-chemical engineer to a official chemical engineer. The AIChE group will help people a lot about the way how to being a chemical engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment